Where Not to Fish and Swim in Louisiana – Map
A Map of Where Not to Fish and Swim in Louisiana
Several state agencies in Louisiana have worked to create an interactive map to show where not to fish or swim due to contamination from mercury or organic chemicals. The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) Health, in conjunction with the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ), Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF), and the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry (LDAF) helped create the map and keep it up to date.
Fishing Consumption and Swimming Advisories Map
- Click any fish icon to view information such as advisory type, meal recommendations, and issue date for each area.
- As you zoom into the map a water body layer will appear showing the larger streams and lakes.
- The legend panel expands using the toggle button (top left corner).
- Use the search tool, (top right corner) to quickly locate an area of interest (e.g., a specific lake or river).
- Note: One meal is considered to be one-half pound of fish.
Election Day in Calcasieu Parish is Saturday, May 4, 2019. Early voting for this election is April 20 – April 27, 2019. Residents will be voting on a Calcasieu Parish School District bond and two fire protection tax renewals.read more
The schedule for the Louisiana Pirate Festival has been released, and local residents have mixed feelings about the festival being shortened.read more
A weekly list of free family-friendly events in Southwest Louisiana during Spring and Summer.read more