Sulphur City Council Meeting Video and Agenda from February 11, 2019 Regular Meeting
Sulphur City Council Meeting Video and Agenda from February 11, 2019 Meeting
On February 11, 2019, the Sulphur City Council held a regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the council chambers located at 500 North Huntington Street, Sulphur, Louisiana.
The February Sulphur City Council meeting agenda can be found below the video.
February 2019 Sulphur City Council meeting agenda
- Call to order
- Pledge of allegiance
- Roll call
- Approval of minutes of previous meeting
- Approval of agenda
- PRESENTATION by Armed Forces Committee. I02-19 (Dru Ellender)
- PRESENTATION by SHS Sulphur Community Impact Program. I03-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- HEARING to address liquor license Notice of Violation for Sundown Super Saver, 1600 Maplewood Drive. I04-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- PUBLIC HEARING on ordinance declaring certain surplus movable property of the City of Sulphur and authorizing for the disposal thereof (equipment). ORD07-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- PUBLIC HEARING on ordinance authorizing Mayor Mike Danahay to sign Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury for a grant ($2,000) from Parish Gaming Funds for cost related to the Holiday House events during Christmas Under the Oaks. ORD08-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- PUBLIC HEARING on ordinance authorizing Mayor Mike Danahay to sign Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury to accept 100% ownership of 2404 Mary Ann Drive (Hazard Mitigation Federal Grant number 1603-019-0026). ORD09-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- PUBLIC HEARING on ordinance accepting Final Plat from Belle Savanne Partners, LLC, for Mimosa Park Phase II, for property located west of Wright Road, southsouthwest of Mimosa Park Phase I. ORD10-19 (Mike Koonce)
- INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE amending Ordinance No. 1107 M-C Series which established a program to assist low-income households in the payment of water, sewer and garbage-trash collection fees charged by the City of Sulphur, Louisiana. ORD11-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE amending Ordinance No. 1342, M-C Series which set forth procedures for deposit for utility services for customers inside and outside the corporate limits of the City of Sulphur. ORD12-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE amending Ordinance No. 837, M-C Series which set forth procedure for cycle billing and late penalty for utility customers inside and outside the corporate limits of the City of Sulphur. ORD13-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE amending Sections 12–52 and 12-53 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Sulphur to provide for the regulation of through trucks, and to increase the fine for violators. ORD14-19 (Mandy Thomas)
- RESOLUTION amending Resolution No. 1687, C.S. concerning the operating hours of City offices. RES07-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- RESOLUTION accepting the Mayor’s recommendation for the appointment of Billy Loftin as City Prosecutor and authorizing Mayor Mike Danahay to execute contract. RES08-19 (Mayor Danahay)
- Public Comment. 3 MINUTES PER SPEAKER – ONLY SPEAK 1 TIME PER ITEM
The next regular City Council meeting will be held on Monday, March 11, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at 500 North Huntington Street, Sulphur, LA.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to attend this meeting, please contact Arlene Blanchard at 527-4571, describing the assistance that is necessary.
I-210 Prien Lake Bridge eastbound and westbound directions from the I-10 and I-210 West Interchange to the Cove Lane Interchange (MM 0-3) will be closed from Friday, May 17 at 10 p.m. to Saturday, May 18 at 12 p.m.read more
Due to the recent heavy rains, the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness have issued an Emergency Declaration to close the Calcasieu River and the English Bayou, effective immediately.read more
From the Calcasieu Parish School Board – Due to the potential threat of inclement weather during the overnight and early morning hours, all CPSB schools and facilities will be closed tomorrow, Friday, May 10.read more