Sulphur City Council Meeting Agenda for January 2019 and Video from December 2018 Meeting
Sulphur City Council Meeting Proposed Agenda for Monday, January 14, 2019
There Will Be A Regular Meeting Of The Sulphur City Council
Monday, January 14, 2019, At 5:30 P.M., In The Council Chambers
Located At 500 North Huntington Street, Sulphur, Louisiana, To
Discuss And Adopt The Following:
- Call To Order
- Pledge Of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Approval Of Minutes Of Previous Meeting
- Approval Of Agenda
1. PRESENTATION by Armed Forces Committee. I01-19 (Dru Ellender)
2. PRESENTATION of Audit for fiscal year ending June 30, 2018.
I02-19 (Mayor Danahay)
3. PUBLIC HEARING on ordinance amending Ordinance No. 1584, M-C Series, which
Authorized Mayor Danahay to sign CEA with Waterworks District #9.
ORD03-19 (Mayor Danahay)
4. INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE declaring certain surplus movable property of the
City of Sulphur and authorizing for the disposal thereof (equipment).
ORD04-19 (Mayor Danahay)
5. INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE authorizing Mayor Mike Danahay to sign
Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury for a grant
($2,000) from Parish Gaming Funds for cost related to the Holiday House events during
Christmas Under the Oaks. ORD05-19 (Mayor Danahay)
6. Rule to Show Cause for the condition of the following addresses:
A. To condemn building or structure located at 411 Perkins Street, in
Accordance with Article IX, Section 5-286 through 5-296 (Dru Ellender)
B. To condemn building or structure located at 2024 Carr Lane #2, in
Accordance with Article IX, Section 5-286 through 5-296 (Melinda Hardy)
7. RESOLUTION awarding bid for the annual supply of Chlorine.
RES01-19 (Mayor Danahay)
8. RESOLUTION approving liquor licenses for 2019. RES02-19 (Mayor Danahay)
9. RESOLUTION amending Resolution No. 3192, M-C Series which awarded annual
Supply of Chemicals. RES03-19 (Mayor Danahay)
10. RESOLUTION authorizing Jennifer Thorn, Director of Finance, to sign on behalf of the
City of Sulphur to reject Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage.
RES04-19 (Mayor Danahay)
11. Public Comment. 3 MINUTES PER SPEAKER – ONLY SPEAK 1 TIME PER ITEM
The next regular City Council meeting will be held on Monday, February 11, 2019 at 5:30
P.M. In the Council Chambers located at 500 North Huntington Street, Sulphur, LA.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to
Attend this meeting, please contact Arlene Blanchard at 527-4571, describing the assistance
That is necessary.
Video and agenda for March 11, 2019, Sulphur City Council Meeting.read more
The I-210 eastbound direction (MM 1-3) will be closed nightly from 9 p.m. – 4 a.m. Monday, March 25 through Thursday, March 28. All work is weather dependent.read more
E-Recycle Day is an annual event in Southwest Louisiana that allows residents to safely dispose of electronics and items that contain mercury.read more