Sandbag Locations in Calcasieu Parish List and Map
Where to Get Sandbags in Southwest Louisiana to Prepare for Flooding
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and Calcasieu Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness offers free sand and sandbags to the public during times of the year when flooding is possible or likely in the area.
The sand and bags are free to residents. Residents must fill the sandbags themselves and need to furnish their own shovels.
The following locations in Calcasieu Parish offer sandbags:
- Ward 1 Barn – 461 Parish Road Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn – 7085 La. 14 East, Hayes
- Ward 3 Barn / East Public Works Facility – James Sudduth Parkway, behind 5500B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles
- Ward 3 Old Barn – 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- New Sulphur City Building (Old Kroger / The Gathering Building) – 1551 E Napoleon Street, Sulphur
Ward 4 Barn – 2911 Post Oak Road, Sulphur
- Ward 6 Barn – 1275 Plum Street, Dequincy
- Ward 8 Barn – 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa
View water-activated water barriers on Amazon. Water-activated flood barriers are reusable and can be placed in doorways, openings, and other areas and will expand to help block flooding when water comes into contact with them.
On July 6 CPSO arrested, and booked a Lake Charles man into the Calcasieu Correctional Center charged with 2nd-degree kidnapping; and attempted 1st-degree robbery.
Thursday, July 16, 2020, from 11 am until 1 pm at the Lake Charles Civic Center United Way of Southwest Louisiana and Second Harvest Food Bank will host a contact-free, drive-thru grocery box distribution for A.L.I.C.E. community members experiencing food insecurity.
The intersection of Prien Lake Road and Ernest Street is closed until 7 pm tonight, July 9, 2020.