Sandbag Locations in Calcasieu Parish with Map Directions
Where to Get Sandbags in Southwest Louisiana to Prepare for Flooding
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and Calcasieu Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness offers free sand and sandbags to the public during times of the year when flooding is possible or likely in the area.
The sand and bags are free to residents. Residents must fill the sandbags themselves and need to furnish their own shovels.
The following locations in Calcasieu Parish offer sandbags:
- Ward 1 Barn – 461 Parish Road Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn – 7085 La. 14 East, Hayes
- Ward 3 Barn / East Public Works Facility – James Sudduth Parkway, behind 5500B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles
- Ward 3 Old Barn – 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- New Sulphur City Building (Old Kroger / The Gathering Building) – 1551 E Napoleon Street, Sulphur
Ward 4 Barn – 2911 Post Oak Road, Sulphur
- Ward 5 Barn – 129 3rd Street, Starks
- Ward 6 Barn – 1275 Plum Street, Dequincy
- Ward 8 Barn – 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa
View water-activated water barriers on Amazon. Water-activated flood barriers are reusable and can be placed in doorways, openings, and other areas and will expand to help block flooding when water comes into contact with them.
The City of Sulphur has asked residents to conserve water due to scheduled maintenance at the Verdine Water Plant.
Beauregard Electric customers near Sulphur should expect to be without power for most of the day October 16 due to a planned outage for repairs.
This Hurricane Delta update contains information for Calcasieu Parish residents about curfew, food distribution, businesses that are open, FEMA, power and cable service, schools, and the free Blue Roof program.