Sand Bag Locations in Calcasieu Parish List and Map
Where to Get Sandbags in Southwest Louisiana to Prepare for Flooding
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and Calcasieu Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness offer free sand and sandbags to the public during times of the year when flooding is possible or likely in the area.
The sand and bags are free to residents. Residents must fill the sandbags themselves and need to furnish their own shovel.
The following locations in Calcasieu Parish offer sandbags:
You can also find a map of the locations below the list.
- Ward 1 Barn – 461 Parish Road Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn – 7085 La. 14 East, Hayes
- Ward 3 Barn / East Public Works Facility – James Sudduth Parkway, behind 5500B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles
- Ward 3 Old Barn – 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- Ward 4 Barn – 2911 Post Oak Road, Sulphur
- Ward 6 Barn – 1275 Plum Street, Dequincy
- Ward 8 Barn – 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa
View water activated water barriers on Amazon. Water activated flood barriers are reusable and can be placed in doorways, openings, and other areas and will expand to help block flooding when water comes into contact with them.
Sandbag Locations in Southwest Louisiana Map
Election Day in Calcasieu Parish is Saturday, May 4, 2019. Early voting for this election is April 20 – April 27, 2019. Residents will be voting on a Calcasieu Parish School District bond and two fire protection tax renewals.read more
The schedule for the Louisiana Pirate Festival has been released, and local residents have mixed feelings about the festival being shortened.read more
A weekly list of free family-friendly events in Southwest Louisiana during Spring and Summer.read more