Free Sandbag Locations in Calcasieu Parish with Directions
Where to Get Sandbags in Southwest Louisiana to Prepare for Flooding
The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and Calcasieu Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness offers free sand and sandbags to the public during times of the year when flooding is possible or likely in the area.
The sand and bags are free to residents. Residents must fill the sandbags themselves and need to furnish their own shovels.
The following locations in Calcasieu Parish offer sandbags:
- Ward 1 Barn – 461 Parish Road Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn – 7085 La. 14 East, Hayes
- Ward 3 Barn / East Public Works Facility – James Sudduth Parkway, behind 5500B Swift Plant Road, Lake Charles
- Ward 3 Old Barn – 2320 Smith Road, Lake Charles
- New Sulphur City Building (Old Kroger / The Gathering Building) – 1551 E Napoleon Street, Sulphur
Ward 4 Barn – 2911 Post Oak Road, Sulphur
- Ward 5 Barn – 129 3rd Street, Starks
- Ward 6 Barn – 1275 Plum Street, Dequincy
- Ward 8 Barn – 1726 Parish Barn Road, Iowa
View water-activated water barriers on Amazon. Water-activated flood barriers are reusable and can be placed in doorways, openings, and other areas and will expand to help block flooding when water comes into contact with them.
The Baton Rouge Police and Louisiana State Police are asking for assistance in locating a missing toddler. 2-year-old Neveah Allen went missing earlier today, September 24, 2021, from the La Belle Aire area.
There will be lane closures on I-10 eastbound between Exit 4 (US 90/LA 109) and Exit 8 (LA 108/Gum Cove Road) beginning Tuesday, September 28.
Potentially Threatening Behavior Towards Sulphur High Main Campus Reported by Calcasieu Parish School Board
During the morning of Thursday, September 23, 2021, the Calcasieu Parish School Board reported that they are aware of a situation involving potentially threatening behavior towards the Sulphur High Main Campus.