Repair Work on the LA 27 (Beglis Pkwy) Overpasses Over I-10 in Sulphur Begins December 1, 2018.
In February of 2018, an oversized load traveling on I-10 eastbound impacted the southbound and northbound LA 27 (Beglis Parkway) overpass in Sulphur causing damage. The closures listed below are necessary to make repairs to the damaged bridges.
Repair work on the LA 27 (Beglis Pkwy) overpasses over I-10 in Sulphur begins December 1, 2018. Work will include lane closures on I-10 eastbound and the LA 27 overpasses northbound and southbound. I-10 westbound is not affected by the work. The lane closures and detour routes are the following:
Phase 1 – Nighttime Closures: Saturday, December 1 (10:00 pm – 09:00 am) and Sunday, December 2 (8:00 pm – 05:00 am)
- Full closure of I-10 eastbound at exit 21 (LA 27 Beglis Pkwy)
- Full closure of LA 27 northbound
- Full closure of LA 27 southbound
- I-10 eastbound traffic will be diverted to the ramps at LA 27 Beglis Pkwy (exit 21) to exit and re-enter the interstate. Motorist traveling northbound on LA 27 will be detoured via LA 108 (Cities Service Hwy) and US 90 back to LA 27, and southbound traffic will be detoured via I-10 westbound and I-10 eastbound back to LA 27.
Phase 2 – Daytime & Nighttime Closures: Wednesday, December 5, 6:00 am through Saturday, December 8, 5:00 pm
- I-10 eastbound will be reduced to two lanes of traffic
- LA 27 southbound outside lane closed
Due to the recent heavy rains, the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury and the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness have issued an Emergency Declaration to close the Calcasieu River and the English Bayou, effective immediately.read more
From the Calcasieu Parish School Board – Due to the potential threat of inclement weather during the overnight and early morning hours, all CPSB schools and facilities will be closed tomorrow, Friday, May 10.read more
From the City of Sulphur – The City is currently undergoing an emergency well repair that is primarily affecting the west side of the City. Residents in that area may notice rusty or discolored water from elevated iron levels.read more