Repair Work on the LA 27 (Beglis Pkwy) Overpasses Over I-10 in Sulphur Begins December 1, 2018.
In February of 2018, an oversized load traveling on I-10 eastbound impacted the southbound and northbound LA 27 (Beglis Parkway) overpass in Sulphur causing damage. The closures listed below are necessary to make repairs to the damaged bridges.
Repair work on the LA 27 (Beglis Pkwy) overpasses over I-10 in Sulphur begins December 1, 2018. Work will include lane closures on I-10 eastbound and the LA 27 overpasses northbound and southbound. I-10 westbound is not affected by the work. The lane closures and detour routes are the following:
Phase 1 – Nighttime Closures: Saturday, December 1 (10:00 pm – 09:00 am) and Sunday, December 2 (8:00 pm – 05:00 am)
- Full closure of I-10 eastbound at exit 21 (LA 27 Beglis Pkwy)
- Full closure of LA 27 northbound
- Full closure of LA 27 southbound
- I-10 eastbound traffic will be diverted to the ramps at LA 27 Beglis Pkwy (exit 21) to exit and re-enter the interstate. Motorist traveling northbound on LA 27 will be detoured via LA 108 (Cities Service Hwy) and US 90 back to LA 27, and southbound traffic will be detoured via I-10 westbound and I-10 eastbound back to LA 27.
Phase 2 – Daytime & Nighttime Closures: Wednesday, December 5, 6:00 am through Saturday, December 8, 5:00 pm
- I-10 eastbound will be reduced to two lanes of traffic
- LA 27 southbound outside lane closed
Sam Houston Jones State Park is having the grand opening for their Children’s Trail and Santa will be there!read more
Downtown Lake Charles will soon be getting two new places for entertainment.read more
A list of Christmas Parades and Events in Lake Charles, Sulphur, Moss Bluff, Westlake, and other Parts of Southwest Louisiana.read more