Repair Work on the LA 27 (Beglis Pkwy) Overpasses Over I-10 in Sulphur Begins December 1, 2018.
In February of 2018, an oversized load traveling on I-10 eastbound impacted the southbound and northbound LA 27 (Beglis Parkway) overpass in Sulphur causing damage. The closures listed below are necessary to make repairs to the damaged bridges.
Repair work on the LA 27 (Beglis Pkwy) overpasses over I-10 in Sulphur begins December 1, 2018. Work will include lane closures on I-10 eastbound and the LA 27 overpasses northbound and southbound. I-10 westbound is not affected by the work. The lane closures and detour routes are the following:
Phase 1 – Nighttime Closures: Saturday, December 1 (10:00 pm – 09:00 am) and Sunday, December 2 (8:00 pm – 05:00 am)
- Full closure of I-10 eastbound at exit 21 (LA 27 Beglis Pkwy)
- Full closure of LA 27 northbound
- Full closure of LA 27 southbound
- I-10 eastbound traffic will be diverted to the ramps at LA 27 Beglis Pkwy (exit 21) to exit and re-enter the interstate. Motorist traveling northbound on LA 27 will be detoured via LA 108 (Cities Service Hwy) and US 90 back to LA 27, and southbound traffic will be detoured via I-10 westbound and I-10 eastbound back to LA 27.
Phase 2 – Daytime & Nighttime Closures: Wednesday, December 5, 6:00 am through Saturday, December 8, 5:00 pm
- I-10 eastbound will be reduced to two lanes of traffic
- LA 27 southbound outside lane closed
Lake Charles Bank Robbery Suspect Drops Stolen Money and is Apprehended After Anti-Theft Device Activates
On Friday, July 19th, 2019 at approximately 3:05 pm, the Lake Charles Police Department responded to a call for service at Capital One Bank, located at 1920 Gerstner Memorial Drive.read more
On July 20, 2019, Louisiana State Troopers responded to the crash around 11:10 a.m., which occurred on LA Hwy 113, south of Pitkin.read more
Shortly before 6:00 a.m. July 20, 2019, Troopers with Troop C were notified of a two-vehicle fatality crash on LA 3127 just east of LA 640. The crash took the lives of 44-year-old Lonnie Doucet of Lafayette and 38-year-old Mindi Becnel of Boutte.read more