DOTD Prepared for Possible Wintry Weather in Northwest Louisiana on February 8, 2019
DOTD Prepared for Possible Wintry Weather in Northwest Louisiana
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announces that personnel are prepared for the possibility of wintry precipitation moving into the northwest region late Friday, February 8, 2019.
DOTD will dispatch scouts along certain routes as needed across the northwest region to assess road conditions as temperatures drop to freezing and below.
DOTD encourages motorists to use extra caution while driving during hazardous weather conditions, especially on bridges and overpasses, and to avoid driving if possible during a winter weather event.
District personnel will continue to monitor the forecast and make appropriate decisions to ensure the safety of the traveling public.
During winter weather conditions, motorists should adhere to the following driving safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Be on the lookout for DOTD crews and their equipment.
• Remember that it’s unlawful and unsafe to drive around a road closed barricade for any reason.
Hate crimes charges were added on to the arson charges for twenty-one-year-old arson suspect Holden Matthews.read more
Public Works Director for the City of Sulphur comments on plans to help prevent waterline breaks and improve quality of service.read more
There are reports that a 2″ water line has busted on Center Avenue near the Maplewood Branch Library in Sulphur.read more