DOTD Prepared for Possible Wintry Weather in Northwest Louisiana on February 8, 2019
DOTD Prepared for Possible Wintry Weather in Northwest Louisiana
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announces that personnel are prepared for the possibility of wintry precipitation moving into the northwest region late Friday, February 8, 2019.
DOTD will dispatch scouts along certain routes as needed across the northwest region to assess road conditions as temperatures drop to freezing and below.
DOTD encourages motorists to use extra caution while driving during hazardous weather conditions, especially on bridges and overpasses, and to avoid driving if possible during a winter weather event.
District personnel will continue to monitor the forecast and make appropriate decisions to ensure the safety of the traveling public.
During winter weather conditions, motorists should adhere to the following driving safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Be on the lookout for DOTD crews and their equipment.
• Remember that it’s unlawful and unsafe to drive around a road closed barricade for any reason.
On February 19, 2019, we will see the “Super Snow Moon”.read more
Mayor Nic Hunter has declared February 11 as a day of memorial for Brian Kevin Moore.read more
Tuesday, February 19, 2019, immediately following the Sulphur Board of Zoning Adjustment Meeting held at 5:30 p.m. there will be a regular meeting of the Sulphur Land Use Commission.read more