Calcasieu Parish Post-Hurricane Delta Update, October 11, 2020
Calcasieu Parish Post-Hurricane Delta Update, October 11, 2020
Published October 11, 2020
FEMA information, National Guard distribution locations, free roof covering, stores and restaurants, and roads that are hazardous or impassable
A curfew remains in effect from 7 p.m.- 6 a.m. The curfew affects all residents, except those who are considered essential personnel. Essential employees should keep their work IDs with them at all times.
FEMA Guidance for Hurricane Delta
If you are a Hurricane Laura survivor and you experience new or additional damage as a result of Hurricane Delta, report that damage to your local emergency manager and to your insurance company as soon as you can. Follow this link for more information on who to contact as well as further assistance from FEMA.
The National Guard will be distributing food, water, and ice to residents from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. at the following locations:
- Lake Charles Civic Center – View on map
- Former location of the Old Tyme Variety Store 810 Ruth St. Sulphur – View on map
- DeQuincy Railroad Museum – View on map
- Iowa KC Hall 503 Highway 90 – View on map
- Washington Marion High School in Lake Charles – View on map
- Memorial Park Plaza – 3009 Gerstner Memorial Parkway in Lake Charles – View on map
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has reopened its Operation Blue Roof Program in Calcasieu Parish.
Metal roofs are also eligible. To apply for this FREE service, call 1-888-ROOF-BLU or visit: www.usace.army.mil/blueroof/
At the time this was published, the following stores and restaurants were open in Calcasieu Parish:
Grocery Stores & Retail
- Academy in Lake Charles
- Advanced Auto on Ryan St. in Lake Charles
- Albertson’s in Lake Charles
- Brookshire Brother’s in Sulphur
- Double G Beverage Barn in Carlyss
- Hebert’s on Country Club in Lake Charles ($9 pork roast dinners until 2 p.m. on 10/11)
- Kroger on Country Club in Lake Charles
- Kroger on Beglis in Sulphur
- Lowe’s in Lake Charles and on Cities Service in Sulphur
- Market Basket in Sulphur & Iowa
- Marshland’s in Carlyss
- Misha’s Pets & Dog Wash in Lake Charles
- Missie’s Grocery in Sulphur
- Neighborhood Wal-Mart Market in Moss Bluff
- Paradise in Sulphur & Moss Bluff
- Rouse’s in Carlyss
- Rouse’s in Moss Bluff
- Sam’s in Lake Charles
- Stine’s in Sulphur & Lake Charles
- Target in Lake Charles
- The Boiling Point in Sulphur, opening Tuesday, Oct. 13 (6 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Tractor Supply off Gerstner Memorial
- Wal-Mart on Nelson & MLK
- Wal-Mart on Cities Service
- Wal-Mart Market in Moss Bluff
- Airport Corner Store in Lake Charles
- Brookshire Brothers in Sulphur
- Fisherman’s Headquarters
- Grab & Geaux: Gerstner Memorial Blvd; 2401 Westwood Rd; 220 E. Napoleon St.; 2140 E. Napoleon St.; 1901 Sam Houston Jones Parkway
- Kroger Fuel on Beglis
- Lighthouse Market on E. McNeese & 397 in Lake Charles
- Pilot in Iowa
- The Fifth Wheel in Sulphur
- Raceway on 171 in Gossport
- Runway – Gulf Highway in Lake Charles
- Sam’s Gas in Lake Charles
- Shell Gas on Beglis Parkway
- Sunoco on Prien and Hwy 14
- Tobacco Plus on Sale & Ryan
- 121 Artisan Bistro open 4 p.m. – until on 10/11 (Check their Facebook for more details.)
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Checker’s on Ruth St. will be open 10/12 – 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Crying Eagle opens on Tuesday, 10/13
- Golden Nugget: Bill’s Burgers, Claim Jumper and Vic & Anthony’s
- Hank Donuts opening 10/12 (4 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Hong Kong in Sulphur
- JoJo’s China Bistro, opening 10/11 at 3 p.m.
- Maria’s in Sulphur
- Pujo St. Cafe – Opening Oct. 13 at 11 a.m.
- Rosita’s #2 in Lake Charles
- Snowflake Donuts on Cities Service
- Sonic in Sulphur on Napoleon St.
- Subway on Cities Service
- Waffle House on Nelson is open (cash only)
- Waffle House on Ruth St.
- Hilicious (Home Depot Parking Lot 10/11) *Follow “Hi-Licious Street Kitchen on Facebook” for updates.
The above list is from the Lake Charles Convention & Visitors Bureau
At the time this was published, Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office indicated that the following roads were impassable or still had hazards in the roadway:
- Lake Street from Interstate I-210 to 12th Street – passable but with debris and a power line in the roadway.
- Corbina Road near east Tank Farm Road – impassable due to water over the roadway.
- SB on Lake Street between Holly Street and Laffite Street – power pole blocking the outside lane.
- Bank Street / 7th Street – flooding with a large Conex box blocking the roadway.
- 5th Avenue – passable with debris in the roadway.
- Highway 3059 – low hanging power line, dangerous for 18 wheelers.
- Highway 90 between Lake Charles and Iowa- still unpassable
- North Perkins Ferry / Hwy 171 N near the gas station – still has water on the roadway but passable
- Deer Run Road / Pouloeau Lane – impassable due to water over the roadway.
- Deer Run Road- water over the roadway but passable
- Highway 90 west of Packing House Road – two bridges have water over the roadway.
- 6601 Ward Line Road – impassable due to water.
- Man Heyd Road / LeBleu Road- passable water on the roadway
- Dick Hebert Rd to Boys Village Road from Highway 90 to McCown Road- impassable.
- Mark Lebleu Road east of Highway 397- water over the roadway.
- Ledoux Road east of Mark Lebleu Road – water over the roadway.
- Tuilerie Road- impassable.
- Highway 90 between Lake Charles and Iowa – passable by truck.
- S Thompson Road south of McCown Road – impassable due to water.
- Dennison Road / Parish Barn Road – water over the roadway but passable by high water vehicle only.
- Charles Breaux Road between River Road and Highway 3059 – passable with some down trees.
- 2465 Highway 397- Country Aire Mobile Home Park has standing water
- Sidney Derouen Road east of Herb Harris Road – impassable due to water.
- W Dave Dugas Road / Choupique Road – impassable due to a power pole in the roadway.
- W Dave Dugas Road / Pete Seay Road – low power line over the roadway.
- Mini Ranch Lane – passable
- E Burton Street / Barrett Street – passable
- W Mimosa Street – water over the roadway but passable by high water vehicle only.
- La Paix Drive/ Bonvie Drive- underwater at the intersection
- E. Burton Street/ Doiron Street- passable
The Calcasieu Parish Hurricane Laura and Delta update for Wednesday, October 21 includes information about:
-Temporary early and election day voting locations in Calcasieu Parish
-FEMA Registration, Disaster Unemployment Registration, and Temporary Housing
-Evacuees Returning to Calcasieu Parish
-Debris Pickup in Calcasieu Parish
-Phone, Cable, and Internet Service in Calcasieu Parish
-Mosquitos in Calcasieu Parish
-Health in Calcasieu Parish
-Stores and Restaurants Open in Calcasieu Parish
The Louisiana Department of Transportation of Development advises that I-10 near the Louisiana – Texas state line will have lane closures starting October 21, 2020.
The City of Sulphur has asked residents to conserve water due to scheduled maintenance at the Verdine Water Plant.