Where Will President Trump’s $1 Million Donation Go?
In the wake of Hurricane Harvey, president Donald Trump promised to donate $1 million of his own money to storm relief for the states of Texas and Louisiana.
He has chosen to split the money up among multiple charities. Below is a list of the charities the White House has reported the money will go to.
Here’s a breakdown of where the money is going:
- American Red Cross $300,000
- Salvation Army: $300,000
- Samaritan’s Purse: $100,000
- Reach Out America: $100,000
- Operation Blessing International: $25,000
- Catholic Charities: $25,000
- Houston Humane Society: $25,000
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals: $25,000
- Team Rubicon: $25,000
- Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies: $25,000
- Direct Relief: $25,000
- Habitat for Humanity: $25,000
The White House did not make it clear if the charities had already received the funds or if they will be sent out in the future.
A Lake Charles man was arrested and charged with DWI 3rd Offense after a traffic stop near the intersection of Ernest Street and West Hale Street in Lake Charles for a traffic violation.
Wayne and Layne’s near Sulphur will be hosting their 3rd Annual Coat Drive for the Homeless this weekend and offering a free show to anyone who donates.
Nighttime closures on and near the I-210 Bridge in Lake Charles continue November 11 – 14, 2019.